Please mark your calendars for our upcoming online winter business meeting on Friday, December 3, 2021. Register for the meeting HERE.
10:30 AM-12:00 PM: Business Meeting
1. Welcome and land acknowledgment
3. Review and approval of 2020 annual meeting minutes (Sara Ellis, Allison Comrie)
4. Matters arising
5. Chair’s Report (Sara Ellis)
6. Treasurer’s Report (Paula Farrar)
7. Chapter Executive nominations and election (2 positions: Vice-Chair/Chair Elect, Secretary/Communications Officer)
8. ARLIS/NA Board Report (Amy Furness & Stephanie Grimm)
9. Other business
10. Round Table: Reports from Chapter members
12:00-1:30 PM: Lunch break
1:30-2:30 PM: Artist’s talk with Tania Willard
2:30-3:00 PM: Afternoon break
3:00-4:00 PM: Social hour
We warmly welcome Tania Willard as our guest speaker for the event.
Photo: Kyla Bailey
Tania Willard, Secwepemc Nation, works within the shifting ideas of contemporary and traditional as it relates to cultural arts and production.Often working with bodies of knowledge and skills that are conceptually linked to her interest in intersections between Aboriginal and other cultures. Willard has worked as a curator in residence with grunt gallery and Kamloops Art Gallery. Willard’s curatorial work includes Beat Nation: Art Hip Hop and Aboriginal Culture, a national touring exhibition first presented at Vancouver Art Gallery in 2011. As assistant professor in Creative Studies at UBCO (Kelowna BC) currently her research focuses on Secwepemc aesthetics/language/land and interrelated Indigenous art practices. Willard’s projects include BUSH gallery, a conceptual space for land based art and action led by Indigenous artists.