The Northwest Chapter’s Annual Fall Meeting will take place via Zoom on Friday, December 4, 2020. There is no cost to attend this year’s meeting; however registration is required. To register, please fill out this Google Form:
Zoom links will be sent to all registrants.
10:30am – 12pm – Business Meeting (Agenda below)
1pm – 2pm – Artist Talk
Artist Talk – Elisheba Johnson
Searching for Truth: An art practice that is always asking a question
Elisheba Johnson will discuss her career trajectory as the daughter of a philosopher, conceptual artist and administrator. There will be a Q&A after the talk.
Biography: Elisheba Johnson is a Seattle-based curator, public artist and administrator. Johnson, who has a BFA from Cornish College of the Arts, was the owner of Faire Gallery Café, a multi-use art space that held art exhibitions, music shows, poetry readings and creative gatherings. For six years Johnson worked at the Seattle Office of Arts & Culture on capacity building initiatives and racial equity in public art. Johnson is currently a member of the Americans for the Arts Emerging Leaders Network advisory council and has won four Americans for the Arts Public Art Year in Review Awards for her work. She currently co-manages Wa Na Wari, a Black art center in Seattle’s Central Area that uses the arts to build community and resist displacement.
Business Meeting Agenda
1. Welcome and land acknowledgment
3. Review and approval of 2019 annual meeting minutes (Jane Devine Mejia, Bridget Nowlin)
4. Matters arising
5. Chair’s Report (Jane Devine Mejia)
6. Treasurer’s Report (Paula Farrar)
7. Chapter Executive nominations and election (2 positions: Vice-Chair/Chair Elect, Communications Officer)
8. ARLIS/NA Board Report (Amy Furness & Stephanie Hilles)
9. Other business
10. Round Table: Reports from Chapter members