$500.00 to attend the ARLIS/NA + VRA Joint Conference in Seattle, March 8-12, 2-16.
Applicants must be current members/affiliates of the Northwest Chapter, this includes members who are still currently students. If you have not yet joined the Chapter or renewed your membership for 2016, please do so now:http://nw.arlisna.org/chapter-membership/.
The Chapter’s executive committee will consider these factors in evaluating the applications:
– Is this the first time the member has attended an annual conference?
– Is the member actively involved in the Northwest Chapter?
– What are the member’s specific goals for the conference (e.g. giving a paper, serving on a committee, chairing a session, professional development)?
– What level of financial support is available from the member’s home institution?
Please send your application with the following information to Traci Timmons, Chair, ARLIS/NA Northwest Chapter (email@example.com)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Short explanation of why the Chapter should support your attendance at the annual conference (not to exceed 250 words).
All eligible applications submitted by Friday, January 8, 2016 will be considered. The winner will be contacted by January 15. This timeline ensures applicants have ample time to take advantage of the early bird registration deadline of January 25.
**In addition to attending the conference, the award winner must also submit a written report on the conference to the Chapter Secretary by May 13, 2016. This report will be posted on the NW Chapter’s website (http://nw.arlisna.org/past-travel-award-reports/).
The executive committee looks forward to receiving many applications!